We wrote the book on diffraction gratings...
The Diffraction Grating Handbook, now in its seventh edition, is a 265-page guide to
the uses of diffraction gratings.
The Handbook covers the following topics.
- spectroscopy and gratings
- the physics of diffraction gratings
- ruled gratings
- holographic gratings
- replicated gratings
- plane gratings and their mounts
- concave gratings and their mounts
- imaging properties of grating systems
- efficiency characteristics of diffraction gratings
- stray light characteristics of gratings and grating systems
- testing and characterizing diffraction gratings
- selection of dispersing systems
- applications of diffraction gratings
- advice to grating users
- handling gratings
- guidelines for specifying gratings
- sources of error in monochromator-mode efficiency
measurements of plane diffraction gratings
- lie aberration theory for grating systems